Tuesday 24 April 2012

HTC One X Camera Shots

As I'm sure you all know, recently I purchased the HTC One X and I'm very impressed with it. However, when I bought it, I really underestimated just how impressive the camera was. Yeah, HTC were bragging about it and the infamous advert on TV is showcasing the camera, but I thought this was just a selling gimmick to make people buy the phone. Since then, I have taken a few images with the phone and it blows my old HTC (the Desire) out of the water and is really something quite impressive for a mobile phone.

So I decided to show you some of the images I've taken on here. I have shot a few pictures with the phone: indoor shots, outdoor shots, low-light shots, macro images and landscape images. I've haven't just picked out the best images either, I've just picked out some random clips that I took. Get ready to be impressed!
This is the first picture I took with my phone which was taken about 7:30 on a cloudy night. I could see the sun peaking through some clouds and thought it was pretty so decided to take a picture. As You can see, it's not an awful image, you can see the rays but the rest of the image does seem a little small.
I then decided to try out some of the effects on the phone by editing it. Unfortunately I can't remember which effects I used for this. But as you can see, with a few simple effects, I brightened up the image and made it almost look like it was taken mid-day. However, it does look a little green, but I think that was the effect I was going for (a country-farm effect.)
For this picture, I tried using the burst shot as my dog was licking a puddle outside my back door which made my laugh. I was trying to get the image of his tongue actually sticking out and licking the water, however he appeared to be camera shy and stopped. But was impressed me was that despite it was taking so images, the shutter speed was incredibly quick and meant that the images never came out blurry.
This was my attempt at taking a sunset shit at about 8:00 at night which as you can see, really didn't work. To get a sunset shot out of a phone would be an impressive feat, even with the One X's f2.0 aperture lens it couldn't block out the sunlight. However, as you can see, it managed to pick up the trees and everything in front in brilliant light which would usually show up as black shapes on most other phones!
This a Panoramic view which I absolutely love! It almost goes from ugly to beautiful (left to right.) The panoramic mode is VERY easy to use, you have a square on the screen which moves depending on where you move your camera (like virtual reality) and it also just WORKS! As you can see, it has stitched well and if you're wondering about the slope, there actually is a slope there so that's not more levelling.
This is my proudest picture that I took during using my phone for the first few weeks. The light is a little low due to the fact that it was about sunset and there's clouds out. However, the reflection in the water is clear, the clouds are detailed and the different volumes of light in this picture is incredible. From the dark corners, do the brilliantly bright centre where the sun is shining through.

 I then tried some indoor macro shots which (as you can see) turned out very orange for some reason. Actually, the first image is orange due to the awful lighting in my front room (plus my lens was probably scared of my dog's face.) However, the second image looks really good; I used the touch-to-focus for this one focusing on the word "zoostorm."

This is an image I took just now, I was going for a similar effect as my favourite image. However the lighting wasn't as orange and colourful as it was earlier in the day and so resulted in a more plain image. It also appears to be rather dark, unfortunately.
As you can see, the One X takes very good images when you know what you're doing (or in my case, take a fluke shot.) I reckon if you knew how to use the settings and what all the different effects and modes meant then you could take some very impressive pictures with this phone! I hope these pictures are sufficient for those wondering how the HTC One X performs!
Thank you for reading, below is a list of places you can follow me or ask me questions:

TWEET me on Twitter - @luke_harkness
INSTA me on Instagram - @luke_harkness
SKYPE me on Skype - @luke.harkness
TUMBLE me on Tumblr - http://luke-harkness.tumblr.com/
FOLLOW me on GetGlue - http://getglue.com/l_harkness
CIRCLE me on Google+ - https://plus.google.com/106343103371060659790
PIN me on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/lukeharkness/

No comments:

Post a Comment